.::it's all here::.

...a failed attempt to translate thoughts and feelings into words...

Saturday, July 8

Olen oppi suomalainen!

If I wrote that correct it says "I am learning Finnish!" :) Yep, it's true I am. Although the book I rented from the library is missing it's audio, so I went on Amazon and bought a different book with a CD. So I won't be real great at this until I get that book. I was reading it a lot of the time at JNO tonight. I didn't really get it until I got to the pronunciation section. Why they do not put that at the beginning...who knows. Why am I learning Finnish? For three reasons, two I will tell you. [1] I want to go there on an extended vacation. [2] I want to do something...something difficult myself. I think that's what I am trying to say...It's not quite as hard as it looks, though. That's a good thing. Oh and I also want to learn a new language but NOT spanish. I despise mexicans with a passion, yeah I'm evil...I've already had 3 full years and not going into a 4th year of that bull. Why should I kiss the dirty sanchezes' asses, when are illegal and completely ignorant in all areas? Oh and they are creeps. (Not the good creep)

Okay...enough of that. So, apparently we did go somewhere after JNO...sorry Becky L. I lied. But it was Wal-Mart!! And just me and my sister....plus it's pretty far out here, i don't know if you would have wanted to join us. But I said, Hey let's go to Wal-Mart and buy something to eat for under $5!! I succeeded without knowing it. I bought 6 or 7 items for $4.72 , smooth. Very smooth. :) Wal-Mart at 1am is pretty fricking awesome. Besides workers in every isle to help you once they've noticed you've been in their isle for a good 20min just looking at all the fun ways to market food items, the music was really "raunchy" to Wal-Mart's day time standards ((hard rock)), and over the intercom someone called someone to Electronics in spanish. hahaha That was really weird.

So, tomorrow I'll be at the Bal-Swing workshop...hopefully I learn stuff and remember it. :)
How much does the Jazz & BLues Festival cost?? Anybody know?

Wednesday: Classes (Bal-Swing) yay
Thursday: Jazz on the Green 7-9p [[please come :(
Friday: THE GODFATHER (prt1) @ DUNDEE $5 :) :)

*becky m. for some reason my computer won't let me comment on/see your blog [i can read it through viewing the html page source haha]! :( i feel bad, but i thought i should let you know...it's just this computer, too. but i really really hope your puppy gets better very soon :( *

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

uh oh, Suzie. You might get into some serious stuff with your comment about Mexicans... It's kind of a blanket statement- not all Mexicans are in this country illegally. And perhaps you have had some bad experiences, but its dangerous to write all Mexicans off as one thing. It's cool you want to learn a different language than spanish, but I bet you get some hostile responses from people who happen to see your blog. If you feel you can defend your point, then go for it. I'm just saying...

thanks for the get well wishes! Lexie doing a little better but she whines a lot at night- i drugged her with a benadryl (half dose) so i could sleep. she was accident free last night too!

7/08/2006 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Becky, that was not a smart comment to make, when anybody can read it.

7/10/2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

It's supposedly some "free country" we live in and the first ammendment gives citizens a right to free speech. I've noticed how many people's first ammendment rights are being smothered because other people are shoving their opinions and beliefs down their throats. So, I don't mind that you guys are expressing your opinions, but I'm going to express mine as well. :)

7/10/2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Quiero Walmart.

7/10/2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

well, i didnt' say you couldn't say what you wanted. i just said when you say something like that to be prepared for the consequences (i hate to use that word, but I couldn't think of a better one)

Speaking from experience- free speech or not, your blog can get you into trouble and there's not much you can do about it except to be proactive and careful. I lost a job over my old blog not too long ago.

7/11/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

Oh I know you didn't!! I just didn't like what the 1st anonymous said to me. So it got me a little fired up...hehe Sorry...

7/12/2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

7/25/2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home