.::it's all here::.

...a failed attempt to translate thoughts and feelings into words...

Sunday, July 30

Interested in Menswear?? [[revised]]

Today was okay. A lot better than the last two days. I bought 4 interesting books from the Antiquarium, one being my favorite author ever: Mary Higgins Clark. I highly recommend her books...well, I don't recommend it if you don't like murder, deception, twisted behavior, and mystery. :) Very interesting reads...I got a cactus, too. :D Hopefully it will last many years, I posted a picture of it because it's really pretty. I know cactuses don't need water, but for some reason I still think I should water it.
I think I'm going to make ties for men...or women...At lindy Dan was talking about having me make some ties...Shouldn't be too terribly hard. It's pretty much just two long strips of fabric sewed together. I'll update about how that goes. Oh, while on the topic I bought 2 different ranges of sizes for men's long & short sleeve dress shirt/dress pants/something else patterns lesterday. (yesterday night/last night) So if you are a guy and you want a dress shirt/pants, maybe you should let me know and we can figure something out.

So, my favorite person ever was in town today, Tony Lampert, and he actually remembered me...I was surprised and very happy I was remembered. All the way up until middle school he was the pastor at the church I used to go to, but then he left to Mississippi, and since then I haven't gone to church. haha I think he was the one who really made my day as good as it was. :)

Hmm...I have lots of fabric I bought awhile back, and don't have anything to do with it/forgot what I was going to do with it, so I'm going to post pictures up and if anyone sees fabric they like and would like me to make something out of it, let me know! [[I marked what each fabric was like with red arrows/text...if you can't see/read it and you want to let me know.]]

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Hey there- glad to see you are having a better day today.
good luck with the ties. I am sure you will come up with something awesome!

You should ask someone who doesn't possess the unique ability to kill every plant known to this earth...(that would be me) but I am pretty sure cactus plants need a little water every now and again.

We'll have to talk about the material you have, there are several ones that I would like to see up close, cuz I am thinking I would like to see if you can make me a skirt some time.

7/30/2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

Haha plants seem to be so easy to kill. They need too much attention! Thanks for the little water tip, though. I figured practically every living thing needed some amount of water to live.

No problem, you can see the fabrics up close. Just let me know when you'll be at one of the Jitterbug events, so I can bring them along. Have a great week!

7/30/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Beckstraordinary said...

Hey, that print on the right in the bottom picture, is that Asian? Because if it is, I have some of it, too...and I love it.

7/31/2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

No, it's more flowery/retro...I can bring it Tues/Thurs/or Fri. To let you look at it if you're still interested.

7/31/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Beckstraordinary said...

I meant the bottom left corner...the blue and red print.

7/31/2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

Oh, no not Asian either. Sorry...That's basically just little pastel flowers.

7/31/2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

[[the green & black fabric is spoken for]]

8/02/2006 1:23 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

i would love it if you would bring some of the fabric over. I like the bottom right hand corner in the second block of pictures the most- thre brownish floral print. If it doesn't work, I can always look for a different fabric...

8/05/2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

i meant to bring it to becky's party. (in response to your email i accidentally hit delete on rather than reply.)

8/05/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home