.::it's all here::.

...a failed attempt to translate thoughts and feelings into words...

Saturday, August 5

Ouch

I was getting ready to go to the fabric store before Jitterbugs, and before I left I was wanting to finish a skirt for my sister. Well, I never finished...I was walking around looking for something, and ow. I stepped on a pin. Yeah, it went about 1/2 way in my toe and hurt like hell. I just wanted it out, but I couldn't get it myself...yeah well, thanks to my mom it's out. I'm just glad it was me and not my precious puppy. :( It hurt to walk on for awhile, but when I got to JNO and danced a couple times, it got better. :) It still hurts a little, but it's a ton better....

Hmm...I'm still contemplating whether to go to the lindy bomb tomorrow or the Venaculas concert. The concert is free and last year was a blast despite the fact there wasn't any moshing or surfing allowed...but then again dancing is a lot of fun...I don't know, I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait and pay for a concert...We'll see. I probably will end up being there, because I have to be down there that night anyway.

I saw a commercial for a Nacho Crunchy Taco at Taco Bell today and thought it looked pretty good. I haven't ate Taco Bell in sooo long because of the bad experiences with the food...but I'm kind of thinking I may just have to try it sometime.

I'm glad the air was back on at JNO, I didn't mind it that much. As long as I'm having fun, I don't care if I sweat...but the air is nice. :) You know, I wish there was someplace to swing dance every day...in places like Chicago and California there's somewhere to dance every night. But I guess we don't have a large enough crowd to have dancing every night...it'd still be fun, though. I'm going to Chicago in a month or so. I've never flown on a plane before...so if I do end up going to NY next summer, then I will not be so afraid to fly alone.

Tomorrow...well, today...is a Humphrey Bogart theme on Turner Classic. Click for the schedule. Unfortunately they aren't playing Casablanca...but To Have and Have Not is somewhat like it...but then again no, they don't match up...I think I'm going to go make another attempt at sewing that skirt. Maybe I'll wear shoes, so there's no chance of getting injured again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

There is dancing everyday in Omaha... it's just not all swing dancing. If you want to salsa, tango, west coast, or anything else... you could go out dancing every night of the week. Amazingly, we have a few people who attend our Jitterbug that do just that - dance almost every night of the week!

8/06/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

Oh, well I'll have to think about that. It sounds like a fun idea now, until I'm bombarded with homework, studying, and maybe a job...haha But thanks for the info. I have kind of been interested in some salsa after I went one night awhile back...

8/06/2006 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home