.::it's all here::.

...a failed attempt to translate thoughts and feelings into words...

Sunday, August 6

Last Week...

Yep, it's the last week of sitting around and slacking all day...not sure how I feel about that, but after about the first two or three weeks of school, I should have a good organized way of maintaining school and fun stuff. I'm a responsible person, I'll always find some time to get what I need done. Although, I'll finally be back in my AP classes, after a year and ahalf away...I'm just a tiny bit worried about how that'll go...oh well...

I've finally gotten an opportunity to watch The Godfather part 2 un-cut and commercial free (courtesy of TCM). So far the movie is pretty much the same as watching it with commercials except the cuss words aren't censored, and I've seen this court scene so many times so I thought it'd be a great time for a break. I'm not 100% sure whether I like part 1 or 2 better...They are both excellent movies, but different in their own way. I think part two is a lot less violent than part 1...it's kind of a let down. haha I like the part when Kay tells Michael she didn't have a mis-carriage, and she aborted the baby. Then Michael doesn't let her near any of the kids. Lots of drama and tension...the end of the movie is sad though...

This weekend was a lot of fun. I don't feel like going into detail, it was just a lot of fun...too many strangers say they like my hair and take pictures of it...it's getting annoying. I think my hair is hair, everyone's is different and mine really isn't that fabulous. I suppose different people have different taste. I'm growing it out a little so I can chop it in some different way...

6 Comments:

Blogger Viv said...

Is The Godfather the movie you guys were watching Saturday night? I noticed that Carrie is listed on Oct. 20th for midnight movie. People tell me I look like her. I don't think I'll want to see it however; since it's a scary one.

8/07/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger Viv said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/07/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

No, I watched the Godfather part 2 last night...but part 1 was at the midnight movies a few weeks ago. Oh you mean at the hotel?? No no no. I would've been paying full attention to the TV if it was. I was watching Knock On Any Door...a Bogart movie....

Eh, I can see the Carrie resemblence...It isn't a scary movie, though. I think it's kind of funny in a way, but I guess if it would be your first time watching, then parts of it would be scary...I'm not sure if I'll be out of town that week, so I may not go either.

8/07/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Schmendrick said...

Carrie was science fiction.

8/08/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

Really? How so..

8/08/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Schmendrick said...

Carrie was a "what if?" story about a girl who had telekinetic abilities. Its human interest element is the way her mother, and her classmates treat her. The fact that things get horrific at the end when she snaps is what, I suppose, categorizes it as "suspense" or horror or whatever.

Actually a lot of Stephen King's stuff is that way. The movies, especially, are made to emphasize the creepy/horrific aspects of his stories, but most of his writing is really just science fiction / fantasy.

8/08/2006 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home